2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 3 - OTHER CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
Subtitle 3 - Sexual Crimes
Section 3-322 - Unnatural or perverted sexual practice.
§ 3-322. Unnatural or perverted sexual practice.
(a) Prohibited.- A person may not:
(1) take the sexual organ of another or of an animal in the person's mouth;
(2) place the person's sexual organ in the mouth of another or of an animal; or
(3) commit another unnatural or perverted sexual practice with another or with an animal.
(b) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.
(c) Statute of limitations and in banc review.- A person who violates this section is subject to § 5-106(b) of the Courts Article.
(d) Charging document.- An indictment for a violation of this section:
(1) is sufficient if it states that the defendant committed an unnatural and perverted sexual practice with a person or animal as applicable; but
(2) need not state the particular:
(i) unnatural or perverted sexual practice with which the defendant is charged; or
(ii) manner in which the defendant committed the unnatural or perverted sexual practice.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 554; 2002, ch. 26, § 2; ch. 266, § 1; ch. 278, § 1.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.