2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 11 - INDECENCY AND OBSCENITY
Subtitle 3 - Prostitution and Related Crimes
Section 11-306 - House of prostitution.
§ 11-306. House of prostitution.
(a) Prohibited.- A person may not knowingly:
(1) engage in prostitution or assignation by any means;
(2) keep, set up, occupy, maintain, or operate a building, structure, or conveyance for prostitution or assignation;
(3) allow a building, structure, or conveyance owned or under the person's control to be used for prostitution or assignation;
(4) allow or agree to allow a person into a building, structure, or conveyance for prostitution or assignation; or
(5) procure or solicit or offer to procure or solicit for prostitution or assignation.
(b) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $500 or both.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 431; 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.