2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 10 - STATE CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
Subtitle 9 - State Correctional Officers' Bill of Rights
Section 10-913 - Emergency suspension.
§ 10-913. Emergency suspension.
(a) In general.- This subtitle does not prohibit emergency suspension with pay by a correctional officer of higher rank as designated by the appointing authority.
(b) With pay; restricted duties.-
(1) The appointing authority may impose emergency suspension with pay if it appears that the action is in the best interest of the inmates, the public, and the correctional facility.
(2) If the correctional officer is suspended with pay, the appointing authority may suspend the correctional powers of the correctional officer and reassign the correctional officer to restricted duties pending:
(i) a determination by a court with respect to a criminal violation; or
(ii) a final determination by the hearing board or the Office of Administrative Hearings with respect to a correctional facility violation.
(3) A correctional officer who is suspended under this subsection is entitled to a prompt hearing.
(c) Without pay; hearing.-
(1) If a correctional officer is charged with a felony, the appointing authority may impose an emergency suspension of correctional powers without pay.
(2) A correctional officer who is suspended under paragraph (1) of this subsection is entitled to a prompt hearing, held no more than 90 days after the suspension.
[2010, ch. 194.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.