There is a newer version of the Maryland Code
2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 12 - CREDIT REGULATIONS
Subtitle 1 - Interest and Usury
- Section 12-101 - Definitions.
- Section 12-102 - General legal rate of interest.
- Section 12-103 - Other permitted rates of interest; licensing requirements.
- Section 12-104 - Interest not considered usurious.
- Section 12-105 - Charges not considered interest.
- Section 12-106 - Statements to be furnished by lender.
- Section 12-106.1 - Requiring false statement that loan is commercial loan.
- Section 12-107 - Computing interest rate if charge assessed at inception of loan.
- Section 12-108 - Points prohibited; exceptions; charges which lenders may impose.
- Section 12-109 - Interest on escrow accounts; statement of balance.
- Section 12-109.1 - Use of escrow account funds for certain purposes prohibited.
- Section 12-109.2 - Management of escrow accounts; lender's bankruptcy; fees and charges.
- Section 12-110 - Effect of assignment on usurious loan or contract.
- Section 12-111 - Limitation of actions.
- Section 12-112 - Usury not available against bona fide assignee.
- Section 12-113 - Discrimination prohibited.
- Section 12-114 - Penalties.
- Section 12-115 - Repossession of goods securing loan.
- Section 12-116 - Refinancing of loan at higher rate.
- Section 12-117 - Compliance with § 14-1302.
- Section 12-118 - Change in rate of interest or finance charge during term of obligation.
- Section 12-119 - Real property closing costs.
- Section 12-120 - When borrower required to pay for services of lender's attorney.
- Section 12-121 - Lender's inspection fees.
- Section 12-122 - Violations.
- Section 12-123 - Insurance binders.
- Section 12-124 - Property insurance coverage.
- Section 12-124.1 - Homeowner equity protection [Subject to contingent amendment effective January 1, 2011; amended version follows this section].
- Section 12-124.1 - Homeowner equity protection.
- Section 12-125 - Financing agreements.
- Section 12-126 - Prepayment of outstanding unpaid indebtedness.
- Section 12-127 - Lender to consider homeowner's ability to repay loan.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.