2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 7 - COLLECTION AGENCIES
Subtitle 3 - Licenses
Section 7-302 - Applications for licenses; renewals.
§ 7-302. Applications for licenses; renewals.
(a) In general.-
(1) An applicant for a license shall:
(i) submit to the Board an application on the form that the Board provides; and
(ii) pay to the Board:
1. an application fee in the amount set by the Board; and
2. an investigation fee in the amount set by the Board.
(2) The fees authorized under this subsection may not exceed a total of $900 for a 2-year term.
(b) Oath required.- An application shall be made under oath.
(c) Separate application and fee for each place of business.- If an applicant wishes to do business as a collection agency at more than 1 place, the applicant shall submit a separate application and pay a separate application fee for each place.
(d) Fee nonrefundable.- An application fee is nonrefundable.
(e) Renewal of licenses.- Before a license expires, the licensee periodically may renew the license for additional 2-year terms, if the licensee:
(1) otherwise is entitled to be licensed;
(2) pays to the Board a renewal fee in an amount, not exceeding $900, set by the Board;
(3) submits to the Board a renewal application on a form required by the Board; and
(4) files with the Board a bond or bond continuation certificate as required under § 7-304 of this subtitle.
[An. Code 1957, art. 56, §§ 326, 327; 1992, ch. 4, § 2; ch. 142; 1996, ch. 58; 1997, ch. 22; 2010, ch. 149.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.