2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 12 - SECONDHAND PRECIOUS METAL OBJECT DEALERS AND PAWNBROKERS
Subtitle 5 - Prohibited Acts; Penalties
Section 12-502 - Penalties.
§ 12-502. Penalties.
(1) A person who willfully or knowingly violates this title is guilty of a misdemeanor and, on conviction, is subject to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 2 years or both.
(2) Each associate, employee, manager, or partner who participates in or consents to a violation of this title is guilty of a misdemeanor and, on conviction, is subject to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or both.
(3) Each violation of this title is a separate offense.
(1) The Secretary may impose on a person who violates any provision of this title a penalty not exceeding $5,000 for each violation.
(2) In setting the amount of the penalty, the Secretary shall consider:
(i) the seriousness of the violation;
(ii) the harm caused by the violation;
(iii) the good faith of the violator;
(iv) any history of previous violations by the violator; and
(v) any other relevant factors.
(3) The Secretary shall pay any penalty collected under this subsection into the General Fund of the State.
[An. Code 1957, art. 56, § 426; 1992, ch. 4, § 2; 1997, ch. 227; 2001, ch. 187.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.