2010 Maryland Code
TITLE 12 - SECONDHAND PRECIOUS METAL OBJECT DEALERS AND PAWNBROKERS
Subtitle 3 - Precious Metal Objects /Records; Holding Period; Inspection
Section 12-304 - Copies to primary law enforcement units.
§ 12-304. Copies to primary law enforcement units.
(a) In general.-
(1) A dealer shall submit the required information from each record to the primary law enforcement unit in accordance with subsection (b) of this section.
(2) If the dealer transacts business in accordance with § 12-206(b) of this title, the dealer also shall submit the required information from the records to the local law enforcement unit in accordance with subsection (b) of this section.
(3) On the request of a dealer, the Secretary shall provide to the dealer a list of local law enforcement units.
(b) Delivering copies in general; Howard County provision.-
(1) Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, the dealer shall submit the records by transmitting the required information from the records electronically, in a format acceptable to the receiving law enforcement unit, by noon of the next business day.
(2) A dealer may request an extension of up to 48 hours to submit the records required under paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(c) Contents.- Each record, submitted to the primary law enforcement unit and, if applicable, local law enforcement unit, shall include:
(1) the license number of the dealer;
(2) the location of each item listed in the record; and
(3) the information required under § 12-302 of this subtitle.
(d) Confidentiality.- The required information from a record submitted under this section:
(1) shall be kept confidential;
(2) is not a public record; and
(3) is not subject to Title 10, Subtitle 6 of the State Government Article.
(e) Ceasing to maintain record.- A law enforcement unit may cease to maintain a record submitted under this section after 1 year from the date the law enforcement unit receives the copy.
[An. Code 1957, art. 56, § 422; 1992, ch. 4, § 2; 1997, ch. 227; 2004, ch. 175; 2005, ch. 379; 2009, ch. 562; 2010, ch. 404.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Maryland may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.