Maryland Family Law Section 5-339
CAUTION: READ FULL TEXT OF SECTION FOR SPECIAL NOTE
** SPECIAL NOTE: EFFECTIVE - JANUARY 1, 2006 - CHAPTER 464 - 2005 **
(a)   (1)   Consent of a parent to an adoption under this Part III of this subtitle may include:
(i)   a provision barring a petitioner from learning identifying information about the parent; and
(ii)   a waiver of the right to notice of further proceedings under this Part III of this subtitle.
(2)   Consent to adoption entered into before a judge on the record shall include a waiver of the revocation period.
(3)   Consent of a party to an adoption under this Part III of this subtitle is not valid unless:
(i)   the consent is given in a language that the party understands;
(ii)   if given in a language other than English, the consent:
1.   is given before a judge on the record; or
2.   is accompanied by the affidavit of a translator stating that the translation of the document of consent is accurate;
(iii)   the consent names the child;
(iv)   the consent contains enough information to identify the prospective adoptive parent;
(v)   the party has received written notice or on the record notice of:
1.   the revocation provisions in subsections (a)(2) and (b)(1) of this section;
2.   the search rights of adoptees and parents under § 5-359 of this subtitle and the search rights of adoptees, parents, and siblings under Subtitle 4B of this title; and
3.   the right to file a disclosure veto under § 5-359 of this subtitle; and
(vi)   the consent is accompanied by an affidavit of counsel appointed under § 5-307(a) of this subtitle, stating that a parent who is a minor or has a disability consents knowingly and voluntarily.
(b)   (1)   Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, a parent may revoke consent to adoption under this Part III of this subtitle at any time within the later of:
(i)   30 days after the parent signs the consent; or
(ii)   30 days after the adoption petition is filed.
(2)   consent to adoption under subsection (a)(2) of this section is irrevocable.
(c)   A local department may revoke consent to an adoption under this Part III of this subtitle at any time before a juvenile court enters an order of adoption under this Part III of this subtitle.
(d)   A child may revoke consent or object to an adoption under this Part III of this subtitle at any time before a juvenile court enters an order of adoption under this Part III of this subtitle.