Maryland Family Law Section 2-404.1
(a)   (1)   A county may discount a marriage license fee under § 2-404(a) of this subtitle if the couple to be married has completed, within 1 year before the date of the application for the license, a premarital preparation course that meets the requirements specified in this section.
(2)   The amount of any discount shall be determined by the county governing body.
(b)   A premarital preparation course shall:
(1)   include instruction regarding:
(i)   conflict management;
(ii)   communication skills;
(iii)   financial responsibilities; and
(iv)   children and parenting responsibilities; and
(2)   consist of at least 4 hours of instruction.
(c)   A premarital preparation course may be conducted by:
(1)   a clinical professional counselor or a clinical marriage and family therapist licensed under Title 17, Subtitle 3A of the Health Occupations Article;
(2)   a psychologist licensed under Title 18 of the Health Occupations Article;
(3)   a social worker licensed under Title 19 of the Health Occupations Article;
(4)   an official representative of a religious institution if the representative has relevant training; or
(5)   any other qualified provider approved by a county governing body.
(d)   (1)   A premarital preparation course provider shall register with the clerk by filing a written affidavit containing:
(i)   the provider's name, address, and telephone number;
(ii)   a summary of the provider's qualifications and training; and
(iii)   a statement that the provider shall comply with the course requirements specified in this section.
(2)   The clerk may establish a roster of area premarital preparation course providers, including those who offer the course on a sliding fee scale or for free.
(e)   (1)   A premarital preparation course provider shall provide to each couple who completes the course a certificate of completion that specifies:
(i)   the names of the couple;
(ii)   the name of the provider; and
(iii)   the date of completion of the course.
(2)   To receive a discounted marriage license fee under this section, an applicant for a license shall verify completion of a premarital preparation course by filing with the clerk a valid certificate of course completion issued in accordance with paragraph (1) of this subsection.
(f)   Any cost for a premarital preparation course shall be paid by the applicant for a marriage license.
(g)   The discount authorized by this section may not be applied to any fee used to fund domestic violence programs.