Maryland Criminal Law Section 8-303
(a)   In this section, "government identification document" means one of the following documents issued by the United States government or any state or local government:
(1)   a passport;
(2)   an immigration visa;
(3)   an alien registration card;
(4)   an employment authorization card;
(5)   a birth certificate;
(6)   a Social Security card;
(7)   a military identification;
(8)   an adoption decree;
(9)   a marriage license;
(10)   a driver's license; or
(11)   a photo identification card.
(b)   A person may not, with fraudulent intent:
(1)   possess a fictitious or fraudulently altered government identification document;
(2)   display, cause, or allow to be displayed a fictitious or fraudulently altered government identification document;
(3)   lend a government identification document to another or knowingly allow the use of the person's government identification document by another; or
(4)   display or represent as the person's own a government identification document not issued to the person.
(c)   A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding $500 or both.