2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:45 - Records of the division and the board
§45. Records of the division and the board
A. All records of the division and of the board shall be deemed public records and subject to public inspection as provided by the provisions of R.S. 44:1 et seq., unless the record:
(1) Relates to the background of an applicant and was provided by a confidential source or informant.
(2) Relates to division security.
(3) Consists of an applicant's initial personal history forms, disclosure forms, and financial statements.
(4) Relates to the surveillance and security techniques, procedures, or practices of an applicant, licensee, or permittee.
(5) Relates to trade secrets and design of experimental gaming devices and equipment.
(6) Relates to an ongoing investigation of the division into a violation by a licensee or permittee, until the division initiates proposed enforcement action against the licensee or the permittee.
(7) A division background investigation of an applicant.
B. All files, records, reports, and other information pertaining to gaming matters in the possession of the Department of Revenue shall be made available to the division as necessary for the administration of this Chapter and, all files, records, reports, and other information pertaining to gaming matters in the possession of the division shall be made available to the Department of Revenue. Such records shall be confidential and not subject to the Public Records Law.
C. The division may enter into restricted use and information sharing agreements with gaming regulatory agency and law enforcement agencies. Information received pursuant to such agreements shall not be disclosed without the permission of the providing agency.
Acts 1991, No. 753, §1, eff. July 18, 1991. Redesignated from R.S. 4:505 by Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 7, §3, eff. May 1, 1996; Acts 2012, No. 711, §1.