2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:436 - Application for change of name of licensee operating video draw poker devices; exemption from processing fee
§436. Application for change of name of licensee operating video draw poker devices; exemption from processing fee
A. A person licensed for the operation of video draw poker devices shall not be required to submit the processing fees provided for in R.S. 27:435(H) when filing an application for a transfer of ownership among subsidiaries and/or a parent corporation or its subsidiaries, if the Louisiana Gaming Control Board determines that all of the following are applicable:
(1) The only change requested in the license is a change in the corporate structure of the licensee.
(2) All persons associated with the licensee or parties to a license have previously submitted personal history and personal financial information with an application for a license to operate video draw poker devices and those same persons were previously found suitable, have not changed, and remain associated with the licensee.
(3) The ownership of the licensed establishment has not changed.
(4) The applicant has completed an affidavit in a form approved by the board which certifies that there have been no changes to the prior qualification and suitability information previously submitted to the board and required by the board in making the initial determination that the applicant was qualified and suitable for licensing as required by R.S. 27:427.
(5) The applicant has submitted all other releases, affidavits, documents, or information required by the board.
B. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the conducting of suitability determinations in connection with the renewal of existing licenses held by the applicant.
C. This Section shall not be construed to preclude the Louisiana Gaming Control Board or the division from investigating the suitability or qualifications of any person should the Louisiana Gaming Control Board or division become aware of facts or information which may result in such person being found unsuitable or disqualified.
D. The Louisiana Gaming Control Board may adopt rules to implement the provisions of this Section. The rules shall be adopted in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act and the provisions of R.S. 27:15(B)(8).
Acts 2006, No. 747, §1; Acts 2012, No. 161, §4.