2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:426 - Affidavit application for three machine locations
§426. Affidavit application for three machine locations
A. Prior to the expiration of the license term, a licensee who is licensed under the provisions of this Chapter for the placement of not more than three video draw poker devices in an approved, qualified establishment shall apply for renewal of the license by completing an affidavit in a form approved by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board that certifies that there have been no changes in the prior qualification and suitability information previously furnished to the board. This affidavit shall be executed by the licensee and each person required to meet qualification and suitability requirements under R.S. 27:427, provided that the licensee or person previously submitted all information required by the board in its initial suitability determination. Notwithstanding the above, the licensee and all persons required to meet suitability shall furnish such releases, affidavits, and documents as may be required by the board. Additionally, the licensee shall furnish with each renewal application all of the following:
(1) A current local sales tax clearance certificate.
(2) A current local governing authority and taxing authority notification.
(3) A current state sales tax clearance certificate.
(4) A Class A-General retail permit or a Class A-Restaurant permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
B. Failure to disclose changes in prior qualification and suitability information shall result in denial of the renewal application or revocation of the video draw poker gaming license.
C.(1) It shall be unlawful for any person intentionally to submit a false affidavit under this Subsection or to make or cause to be made or aid, assist, or procure another to make or submit a false affidavit.
(2) Whoever is convicted of violating the provisions of this Subsection shall be imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not more than ten years or be fined not more than ten thousand dollars, or both.
D. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to, and affidavits shall not be used for renewal of, a license for the operation of video draw poker devices at a hotel or motel, a Louisiana State Racing Commission licensed pari-mutuel wagering facility, an offtrack wagering facility, or a qualified truck stop facility.
Acts 2012, No. 161, §2.