2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:248 - Non-gaming economic development by casino gaming operator
§248. Non-gaming economic development by casino gaming operator
A. An effective method of promoting non-gaming economic development by the casino gaming operator or an affiliate company exists through the development of businesses including but not limited to restaurants, entertainment outlets, and retail outlets leased or subleased to third-party tenants or subtenants within, adjacent to, and around the official gaming establishment.
B. Non-gaming economic development within, adjacent to, or around the official gaming establishment for which the casino gaming operator, on its own or through an affiliate, holds a leasehold interest, will revitalize the nearby properties and within the state and parish where the official gaming establishment is located.
C. As to non-gaming economic development activities:
(1) The casino gaming operator shall directly and through its parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies and its third-party tenants and subtenants, collectively seek to maintain and grow the operating force or personnel level related to the casino and non-gaming operations within, adjacent to, or around the official gaming establishment.
(2) The total operating force or personnel level of the third-party tenants shall be reported to the board quarterly on the following dates every year:
(a) March thirty-first, covering the three-month period beginning December first and ending on the last day of February.
(b) June thirtieth, covering the three-month period beginning March first and ending May thirty-first.
(c) September thirtieth, covering the three-month period beginning June first and ending August thirty-first.
(d) December thirty-first, covering the three-month period beginning September first and ending November thirtieth.
(3) The reported operating force or personnel level for the prior quarter shall be determined by taking into account the greater of either the three-month average for the applicable reporting quarter or the highest monthly total during the applicable reporting quarter. The reported operating force or personnel level for the prior quarter shall be credited to the casino operator for purposes of meeting its obligations under R.S. 27:244(A)(11), provided that such credit shall be limited to four hundred employment positions toward the total operating force or personnel level.
(4) For purposes of this Section, "operating force or personnel level" shall mean the number of people employed by the casino and any related non-gaming entity, including hotel operations, third-party tenants, and corporate employees.
(5) The casino gaming operator shall be credited an amount equal to the pro rata share of compensation to employees of the third-party tenants. The credited amount shall be applied to the total salary level or compensation reported under R.S. 27:244(A)(12) and shall be calculated based on the total operating force or personnel level reported pursuant to R.S. 27:248(C)(2).
Acts 2016, No. 483, §1.