2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:244 - Contract to conduct casino gaming operations; other requirements; breach of contract
§244. Contract to conduct casino gaming operations; other requirements; breach of contract
A. In addition to the requirements of R.S. 27:241 through 243, the casino operating contract shall include provisions requiring the casino operator to do the following:
(1) Be responsible for the providing or improving and maintaining the official gaming establishment.
(2) Provide all furnishings, gaming devices, gaming supplies, slot machines, equipment, services, and all things necessary for the conducting of gaming operations at the official gaming establishment.
(3) Conduct gaming operations and provide such other services as required by the proposal to conduct casino gaming operations.
(4) Provide the necessary personnel to conduct the gaming operations and such other activities and services as required by the board and the proposal selected.
(5) Be responsible for payment of all expenses of casino gaming operations and operations of the official gaming establishment.
(6) Provide private security for the detection and prevention of offenses against the patrons and the orderly operation of the official gaming establishment.
(7) Procure and maintain liability insurance coverage in an amount to be determined by the board.
(8) Indemnify the state and the corporation in the event a judgment is rendered against either as a result of the actions of the casino gaming operator or its agents.
(9) Provide such other services and goods as otherwise required by this Chapter.
(10) Provide such other things which are, in the opinion of the board, necessary to achieve the public policies provided for in this Chapter.
(11) The casino gaming operator shall not reduce its total operating force or personnel level below ninety percent of the force or level as such existed on March 8, 2001.
(12) The casino gaming operator shall not reduce the total salary levels or compensation of its operating force or personnel by more than ten percent of the salary level or compensation as such existed on March 8, 2001.
B. The parties to the casino operating contract shall negotiate the reciprocal terms and elements of default, curative measures, remedies, and damages.
C. The casino operating contract when executed by the board and the applicant shall constitute the authority of the applicant to conduct the activities authorized by such contract.
Acts 1992, No. 384, §1, eff. June 18, 1992. Redesignated from R.S. 4:644 by Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 7, §3, eff. May 1, 1996, Acts 2001, 1st Ex. Session, No. 1, §2, eff. March 21, 2001.