2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 27 - Louisiana Gaming Control
RS 27:205 - Definitions
PART II. GENERAL PROVISIONS
When used in this Chapter, the following terms have these meanings:
(1) "Applicant" means any person who has submitted an application or bid to the corporation for a permit, license, or contract under the provisions of this Chapter.
(2) "Application" means the documentation and forms submitted by a person, on a form provided by the corporation, requesting issuance of a permit, license, or a proposed contract. Application also includes all documents and information incorporated in, attached to, or submitted with the application form specifically including personal history questionnaires and financial disclosure forms.
(3) "Board" means the board of directors of the corporation.
(4) "Casino gaming operations" means any gaming operations offered or conducted at or in the official gaming establishment.
(5) "Casino gaming operator" or "casino operator" means any person who enters into a casino operating contract with the corporation requiring that person to conduct casino gaming operations according to the provisions of this Chapter.
(6) "Casino operating contract" means a contract let or bid by the corporation, in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter, authorizing a casino operator to conduct casino gaming operations at the official gaming establishment for the benefit of the state and the casino gaming operator.
(7) "Corporation" means the Louisiana Economic Development and Gaming Corporation, which except as specifically provided in this Chapter shall be a special corporation operated for a public purpose, the ownership interest of which is vested in the state.
(8) "Director" or "member" means a member of the board of directors of the corporation.
(9) "Distributor" shall have the same meaning as the term "gaming supplier" in R.S. 27:3.
(10) "Economic interest" shall have the same meaning as that term defined in R.S. 27:3.
(11) Repealed by Acts 2001, No. 1222, §2, eff. July 2, 2001.
(12) "Game" means any banking or percentage game located exclusively within an official gaming establishment which is played with cards, dice, or any electronic, electrical, or mechanical device or machine for money, property, or any thing of value. Game does not include lottery, bingo, charitable games, raffles, electronic video bingo, pull tabs, cable television bingo, wagering on dog or horse races, sports betting, or wagering on any type of sports event, inclusive but not limited to football, basketball, baseball, hockey, boxing, tennis, wrestling, jai alai, or other sports contest or event.
(13) "Gaming device" means any equipment or mechanical, electromechanical, or electronic contrivance, component, or machine used directly or indirectly in connection with gaming or any game which affects the result of a wager by determining win or loss. The term includes a system for processing information which can alter the normal criteria of random selection, which affects the operation of any game, or which determines the outcome of a game. The term does not include a system or device which affects a game solely by stopping its operation so that the outcome remains undetermined.
(14) "Gaming operations" or "gaming activities" means the offering or conducting of any game or gaming device in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter.
(15) "Gaming operator" means a person licensed by the corporation or authorized by contract with the corporation to conduct gaming operations or gaming activities in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter.
(16) "Gaming supplies" means all materials and supplies other than gaming devices which the corporation finds or determines to be used or expended in gaming operations or activities.
(17) "Gross revenue" means the total of all value received by the casino gaming operator from gaming operations, including cash, checks, vouchers, instruments and anything received in payment for credit extended to a patron for purposes of gaming, and compensation received for conducting any game in which the casino gaming operator is not party to a wager, less the total of all value or amounts paid out as winnings to patrons and credit instruments or checks which are uncollected as determined by rule of the corporation.
(18) "Investigation" or "investigate" means an investigation initiated by and conducted by the corporation or its designated agents.
(19) Repealed by Acts 2001, No. 1222, §2, eff. July 2, 2001.
(20) "License" means an authorization issued to a person by or in the name of the corporation to engage in or assist gaming operations or activities regulated by this Chapter.
(21) "Licensee" means any employee, agent, person, or entity who is required to be issued a license under this Chapter or under the rules and regulations of the corporation.
(22) "Major procurement" means the purchase or acquisition of any item, product, or service in the amount of one hundred thousand dollars or more.
(23) "Manufacturer" means any person who manufactures or assembles programs or slot machines or other gaming devices for sale or use in this state.
(24) "Minor procurement" means any purchase, or acquisition of any item, product, or service which is not a major procurement.
(25) "Net gaming proceeds" means gross revenue less the total amount or value paid out to winning patrons or players and uncollected checks and credit instruments if accepted in compliance with corporation rules.
(26) "Official gaming establishment" means the building or facility described in R.S. 27:241 which is located in Orleans Parish at which the conducting of casino gaming operations is authorized.
(27) "Permit" shall have the same meaning as that term defined in R.S. 27:3.
(28) "Permittee" shall have the same meaning as that term defined in R.S. 27:3.
(29) "Person" means any individual, partnership, association, joint stock association or trust, corporation, or other business entity whether incorporated or not.
(30) "President" means the president of the corporation.
(31) "Security" means the protection of information that would or could provide an unfair advantage to any individual involved in the operation of the casino gaming; protection and preservation of the integrity of casino gaming games and operations; as well as measures taken to prevent crimes against a gaming operator or the corporation.
(32) "Slot machine" means any mechanical, electrical, or other device, contrivance, or machine which, upon insertion of a coin, token, or similar object therein or upon payment of any consideration whatsoever, is available to play or, operate the play or operation of which, whether by reason of the skill of the operator or application of the element of chance, or both, may deliver or entitle the person playing or operating the machine to receive cash, premiums, merchandise, tokens, or any thing of value, whether the payoff is made automatically from the machine or in any other manner.
(33) "Suitable" or "suitability requirements" shall have the same meaning as that term defined in R.S. 27:3.
(34) "Vendor" means any person who has entered into a major procurement contract with the corporation.
Acts 1992, No. 384, §1, eff. June 18, 1992; Acts 1993, No. 540, §1. Redesignated from R.S. 4:605 by Acts 1996, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 7, §3, eff. May 1, 1996; Acts 2001, No. 1222, §§1 and 2, eff. July 2, 2001; Acts 2011, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 19, §1.