2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 24 - Legislature and Laws
RS 24:931 - INTERAGENCY COUNCIL ON PREVENTION
CHAPTER 18. INTERAGENCY COUNCIL ON PREVENTION
OF SEX OFFENSES
§931. Findings; purpose
A. The legislature hereby finds that it is imperative that the state have a permanent ongoing structure to develop and implement governmental policies and coordinate activities relating to the prevention of sex offenses and the treatment of sex offenders.
B. The purpose of this Chapter is:
(1) To establish the Interagency Council on the Prevention of Sex Offenses to evaluate services and programs sponsored either by local, state, or federal agencies or private organizations concerning the prevention of sex offenses and the treatment of sex offenders, and effective law enforcement and criminal and civil justice concerning alleged sex offenses and matters involving or relating to sexual offenses and abuse.
(2) To identify all sources of funding.
(3) To ensure proper coordination of the administration and implementation of a sound policy with respect to the prevention of sex offenses and the treatment of sex offenders.
(4) To monitor the effectiveness and quality of state and local activities, services, programs, employees, and facilities in the administration of sex offense laws of the state.
(5) To reduce conflicts and duplication of efforts between state and local resources.
(6) To ensure that the head of each resource is fully informed of other state and local resources and their functions.
(7) To clearly identify the proper state or local agency responsible for taking action under specified circumstances.
(8) To ensure proper and efficient operations in the prevention of sex offenses and the treatment of sex offenders.
Acts 1993, No. 484, §2, eff. June 10, 1993; Acts 1995, No. 1269, §1, eff. June 29, 1995.