2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 24 - Legislature and Laws
RS 24:253 - Incorporation of current legislation; procedure
§253. Incorporation of current legislation; procedure
In preparing the printer's copy provided for in R.S. 24:252, the Louisiana State Law Institute shall not alter the sense, meaning or effect of any act of the legislature, but it may:
(1) Renumber and rearrange sections or parts of sections;
(2) Transfer sections or divide sections so as to give to distinct subject matters a separate section number, but without changing the meaning;
(3) Insert or change the wording of headnotes;
(4) Change reference numbers to agree with renumbered chapters or sections;
(5) Substitute the proper section or chapter number for the terms "this act", "the preceding section" and the like;
(6) Strike out figures where they are merely a repetition of written words and vice-versa;
(7) Change capitalization for the purpose of uniformity;
(8) Correct manifest typographical and grammatical errors, and
(9) Make any other purely formal or clerical changes in keeping with the purpose of the revision.
The Institute shall omit all titles of acts, all enacting, resolving, and repealing clauses, all appropriation measures, all temporary statutes, all declarations of emergency, and all validity, declaration of policy, and construction clauses, except when the retention thereof is necessary to preserve the full meaning and intent of the law. Whenever any validity, declaration of policy, or construction clause is omitted, proper notation of the omission shall be made.