2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 24 - Legislature and Laws
RS 24:13 - Technical corrections in legislative instruments
§13. Technical corrections in legislative instruments
In printing and distributing legislative instruments which have been ordered engrossed or reengrossed by their respective houses and in having enrolled legislative instruments originating in their respective houses that have passed both houses or resolutions adopted by their respective houses, the clerk of the House of Representatives and the secretary of the Senate may not alter the sense, meaning, or effect of any legislative instrument but may make technical corrections in such legislative instruments as follows:
(1) Number, designate, renumber, or rearrange or redesignate items in a numerical or alphabetical listing to establish a numerical or alphabetical sequence.
(2) Change reference numbers to agree with numbered Chapters and Sections.
(3) Substitute the proper Chapter, Section, or other subdivision term or other proper citation for the terms "this Act", "the preceding Section", and the like.
(4) Delete figures where they are merely a repetition of written words and vice versa.
(5) Change capitalization for the purpose of uniformity.
(6) Correct misspellings and manifest punctuation and other typographical errors.
Acts 1989, No. 287, §1, eff. June 27, 1989.