2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 24 - Legislature and Laws
RS 24:102 - Definitions
As used in this Part, the following terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Activity" means a distinct subset of functions or services within a program.
(2) "Agency" means and includes any office, department, board, commission, institution, division, office, instrumentality, or functional group, heretofore existing or hereafter created, that is authorized to exercise, or that does exercise, any functions in the executive branch of state government. "Agency" shall not mean any public institution of postsecondary education, any postsecondary education governing or management board, or any entity under the control of a public institution of postsecondary education or postsecondary education governing or management board.
(3) "Commission" means the Commission on Streamlining Government.
(4) "Functions" means duties, jurisdiction, powers, rights, and obligations, conferred or imposed upon, or vested in, any agency by law, or exercised, performed, or discharged by any agency without contravention of any provision of law.
(5) "Objective" is a specific and measurable target for achievement which describes the exact results sought, which is expressed in an outcome-oriented statement that may reflect effectiveness, efficiency, or quality of work, and which may be either numeric or non-numeric.
(6) "Performance indicator" means a statement identifying an activity, input, output, outcome, achievement, ratio, efficiency, or quality to be measured relative to a particular goal or objective in order to assess an agency's performance. Performance indicator shall also mean measurement of any other aspect of performance as determined by rule issued by the commissioner of administration under the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act.
(7) "Performance standard" means the expected level of performance associated with a particular performance indicator for a particular period.
(8) "Program" means a grouping of activities directed toward the accomplishment of a clearly defined objective or set of objectives.
(9) "Quality" means degree or grade of excellence.
Acts 2009, No. 491, §1, eff. July 10, 2009.
NOTE: See R.S. 24:108 and 109 relative to effect and effectiveness of Part.