2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:934 - Detention centers
§934. Detention centers
A. All facilities that detain juveniles pursuant to Title VII or Title VIII of the Louisiana Children's Code shall collect and maintain data on each child detained. This data shall be retained permanently by the facility and shall be made available for inspection during normal business hours by any court exercising juvenile court jurisdiction, by the Department of Children and Family Services, and by persons collecting aggregate statistical information.
B. The data collected and maintained shall include but not be limited to the following information for each child:
(2) Unique identification number assigned for the purposes of analyzing and reporting de-identified data.
(3) Date of birth.
(5) Race and ethnicity.
(7) Reason for detention, including if applicable the most serious alleged offense for which the child is being detained.
(8) The date and time of the child's entry into and exit from the juvenile detention center.
(9) Authority for confinement.
(10) The name of the officer and the law enforcement agency employing the officer responsible for transporting the child to the juvenile detention center.
(11) Whether the alleged offense occurred in a school, place of business, the child's home, or other location and the name of the school if the offense is alleged to have occurred in a school.
(12) Whether the referral source was a law enforcement agency, a school, a family member, or other, including the name of the school or law enforcement agency if the referring source was a school or law enforcement agency.
(13) The child's score on a detention screening tool or risk assessment, if applicable.
(14) The reason for detention if the child's detention screening tool or risk assessment score does not mandate detention.
(15) The reason for detention, which may include but not be limited to pre-adjudication detention, detention while awaiting a post-disposition placement, or serving a short-term program disposition.
(16) Date of and authority for release or transfer.
(17) Name of person to whom the child was released or the location where the child was transferred.
Acts 2016, No. 499, §1.