2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:893.1 - Inmates who may not be assigned to J. Levy Dabadie Correctional Center
§893.1. Inmates who may not be assigned to J. Levy Dabadie Correctional Center
The Department of Public Safety and Corrections, corrections services, shall not assign any inmate included in the categories listed below to serve any portion of his term at the correctional institution at J. Levy Dabadie Correctional Center:
(1) Inmates who have been convicted of first or second degree murder, aggravated or first degree rape, aggravated kidnapping, armed robbery, aggravated arson, or a sex offense as defined in R.S. 15:541.
(2) Inmates who have a balance of time extending beyond fifteen years to the earliest release date.
(3) Inmates sentenced pursuant to R.S. 15:529.1 et seq. if the instant offense is a third felony conviction or greater.
(4) Inmates who do not qualify for minimum custody status (trustee).
(5) Inmates with records, either arrest or institutional records, which reveal compulsive or habitual use of violence against the person.
(6) Inmates whose presence in the community is likely to evoke adverse public reaction.
(7) Persons who are currently under or who have demonstrated a need for extensive or intensive medical treatment. At the time treatment has been completed and such termination of services has been documented by competent medical staff, persons may be considered as eligible for transfer.
(8) Persons who have escaped or who have abetted an escape or have attempted to escape within a period of the last seven years.
(9) Persons who have demonstrated an overt-aggressive pattern of homosexual behavior to the extent that it would disrupt the smooth daily operation of the institution.
(10) Inmates whose institutional records reflect habitual and compulsive violent behavior, consistent signs of bad work habits, lack of cooperation or good faith, or other undesirable behavior.
Added by Acts 1977, No. 700, §1; Acts 1993, No. 133, §1; Acts 1995, No. 320, §1, eff. June 16, 1995; Acts 1995, No. 914, §1, eff. June 28, 1995; Acts 2001, No. 1206, §1; Acts 2003, No. 635, §1; Acts 2007, No. 137, §1; Acts 2009, No. 266, §1; Acts 2010, No. 560, §1; Acts 2015, No. 184, §2.