2018 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15: 85.4 - Posting of criminal bonds; Baton Rouge City Constable's Office; additional fee assessed

Universal Citation: LA Rev Stat § 15: 85.4 (2018)

§85.4. Posting of criminal bonds; Baton Rouge City Constable's Office; additional fee assessed

A. An additional fee of thirty-five dollars shall be assessed for every criminal bond posted in the City Court of Baton Rouge. This fee shall be in addition to any other fees or fines provided by law. Any person seeking release by means of a criminal bond, or his designated representative, shall pay the fee to the constable for the Baton Rouge City Court who shall deposit the funds in the constable's fund for the City Court of Baton Rouge.

B. The monies collected pursuant to the provisions of Subsection A of this Section shall be used to supplement the operational expenses of the Baton Rouge City Constable's Office. The expenditure of the funds shall be at the sole discretion of the constable of the court.

C. If the prosecuting attorney declines to prosecute a person who has paid this fee or the prosecution results in an acquittal, dismissal, or granting of a motion to quash, then the person who paid the fee shall be entitled to a refund after submitting a request for a refund of the fee to the city court within thirty days of the final disposition of the case. The constable's office shall refund the fee within thirty days after receiving notice of the court's order granting the request for a refund.

D. The assessment and disposition of any funds pursuant to this Section shall not affect the responsibilities of the city and parish governing authority provided by law for the financing of the constable's office of the City Court of Baton Rouge.

Acts 2013, No. 169, §1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.