2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:745.3 - Advisory council; establishment; duties; membership
§745.3. Advisory council; establishment; duties; membership
A. To assist with the creation, development and implementation of the "Offender Reentry Support Pilot Program", the sheriff shall create and appoint members to an advisory council. The council will assist the sheriff in the formulation of offender reentry strategies for the design of inmate education, treatment, and rehabilitation programs to provide sufficient skills to offenders that will likely result in their successful employment and reentry into their communities, reducing their chances of returning to prison after release.
B. The programs shall be developed after evaluation and identification of the specific needs for reentry services within the detention center. The advisory council shall monitor these programs for their effectiveness and the outcomes achieved as they relate to such strategies. The sheriff may use any necessary resources of state and local agencies, academic institutions, and other research organizations to develop the strategies.
C. The advisory council's membership shall be from the region served by the sheriff's office and shall consist of the following members:
(1) Two representatives having managerial and business experience.
(2) A representative from the Greater Pointe Coupee Chamber of Commerce.
(3) Representatives from each of the educational and training institutions in the region.
(4) Three representatives from community service organizations.
(5) Representatives from any state and local agencies relevant to addressing the pre-release and post-release needs of offenders.
Acts 2014, No. 342, §1.