2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:571.45 - Probation agreement
§571.45 Probation agreement
A. A defendant who has requested entry into the job intervention program and been determined to be eligible shall sign a probation agreement stating the terms and conditions of his program. The terms of each probation agreement shall be decided by the judge.
B. A probation agreement entered into pursuant to this Section shall include the following:
(1) The terms of the agreement, which shall provide that if the court determines the defendant has fulfilled the obligations of the agreement, then the criminal charges shall be dismissed and the prosecution set aside in accordance with the provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure Article 894, or, if the defendant has been sentenced following the plea of guilty, the discharge of the defendant from continued supervision.
(2) A waiver by the defendant of the right to trial by jury under the laws and constitution of Louisiana and the United States.
(3) The defendant's full name and the defendant's full name at the time the charge was filed, if different.
(4) The defendant's sex and date of birth.
(5) The crime charged.
(6) The date the charge was filed.
(7) The court in which the agreement was filed.
(8) A stipulation of the defendant and the district attorney of facts upon which the charge was based.
(9) A requirement for payment of a probation supervision fee.
(10) A requirement for payment of restitution to the victim, if applicable.
(11) A copy of any plea agreement.
Acts 2003, No. 803, §1, eff. July 1, 2003.