2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:571.13 - Supervised release of parish prisoners; rules of conduct; revocation
§571.13. Supervised release of parish prisoners; rules of conduct; revocation
A. When a prisoner who has been sentenced to a parish prison is released pursuant to this Part, he may be released as if on parole.
B. A prisoner released in accordance with Subsection A herein shall be supervised by the sheriff, the keeper of the parish prison if not the sheriff, or, in Orleans Parish, the criminal sheriff of Orleans Parish. Such supervision shall be for the remainder of the original full term of the prisoner's sentence and shall be performed in the same manner and to the same extent as supervision of a prisoner committed to the Department of Public Safety and Corrections who is released on parole.
C. The supervisor may make rules for the conduct of a prisoner while he is on release and may also require, either at the time of release or at any time while on release, that the prisoner conform to the following conditions:
(1) Residence in a community rehabilitation or work release center.
(2) Restitution to a victim of the crime for which release is being sought, if such victim has suffered a direct pecuniary loss as a result of the crime.
(3) Community service work, as determined by the supervisor.
(4) Payment into a victim compensation or service fund.
(5) Obtaining gainful employment.
(6) Continuing education or vocational training.
(7) Participation in a substance abuse treatment facility program or other counselling program.
(8) Defraying the cost, or any portion thereof, of his supervision by making payments to the supervisor in a sum and manner to be determined by the supervisor, based on his ability to pay.
(9) Any other condition which may be applied under R.S. 15:574.4(H) to a prisoner committed to the Department of Public Safety and Corrections who is released on parole.
D. A prisoner released in accordance with this Section shall be subject to having the release revoked for violation of the release conditions. The supervisor shall establish rules and regulations governing the revocation of release.
E. Upon revocation of release, the prisoner shall be recommitted to the parish prison in order to serve the full term of his sentence.
Acts 1985, No. 712, §1.