2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:552 - Sexual Predator Apprehension Team
§552. Sexual Predator Apprehension Team
The attorney general shall maintain a statewide Sexual Predator Apprehension Team within the Department of Justice. The Sexual Predator Apprehension Team shall be comprised of special agents, intelligence analysts, and prosecutors. The team shall focus on repeat sex offenders and perform the following activities:
(1) Coordinate with state and local investigative resources including but not limited to the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, office of probation and parole, and office of state police, sheriffs' departments, police departments, and district attorneys' offices to apprehend sexual offenders and persons required to register under R.S. 15:542 and 542.1 who violate the law or conditions of probation or parole.
(2) Give priority to proactively targeting and monitoring sex offenders required to register under R.S. 15:542 and 542.1 before the commission of additional sexual offenses who are not currently being monitored by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, office of probation and parole, or office of state police.
(3) Offer specialized training and assistance to local law enforcement and prosecutors in the apprehension and prosecution of sexual offenders and violators of sexual offender registration requirements.
(4) Identify, monitor, arrest, and assist in the prosecution of sexual offenders who violate the terms and conditions of their probation or parole, who fail to comply with the registration and notification requirements of R.S. 15:542 and 542.1, or who commit new sexual assault offenses.
(5) Collect data to determine if the proactive law enforcement procedures adopted by the program are effective in reducing sexual assault offenses.
(6) Develop procedures for operating a multi-jurisdictional task force.
Acts 2006, No. 354, §1.