2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1606 - Protection services provided to critical witnesses; notice to defense counsel
§1606. Protection services provided to critical witnesses; notice to defense counsel
A. Protection services provided to a critical witness or the immediate family of a critical witness may include but not be limited to any of the following:
(1) Any necessary armed protection or escort, marked or unmarked surveillance, or periodic visits or contact by law enforcement officials prior, during, or subsequent to a criminal proceeding.
(2) Physical relocation to an alternate shelter, housing, or residence.
(3) Reasonable housing expenses.
(4) Transportation or storage of personal possessions.
(5) Basic living expenses.
(6) Assistance in assumption of a new identity and relocation.
(7) Petition for a protective order against any individual identified as a threat to a critical witness.
B. Any protection services provided to a critical witness shall be made known to defense counsel as provided by law.
Acts 2009, No. 263, §1.