2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1603 - Definitions
For the purposes of this Chapter, the following words shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Board" means the Witness Protection Services Board established in R.S. 15:1604.
(2) "Critical witness" means any witness who is reasonably expected to give testimony that is, in the judgment of the prosecuting attorney, essential to a criminal investigation or proceeding.
(3) "Immediate family" means a spouse, parent, child, stepchild, sibling, grandparent, household member, or legal representative of a critical witness, except when such person is in custody for an offense or is the defendant.
(4) "Prosecuting attorney" means the district attorney, assistant district attorney, attorney general, or an attorney with prosecutorial authority for a local governing authority.
(5) "Witness" means either of the following:
(a) Any person who is a victim of conduct defined as a crime under any law of this state, another state, or the United States.
(b) Any person who has testified or is expected to testify for the prosecution in a criminal proceeding, or who, by reason of having relevant information, is subject to call or likely to be called as a witness for the prosecution in a criminal proceeding, whether or not any action or proceeding has yet been commenced.
Acts 2009, No. 263, §1.