2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1253 - Powers and duties of the commission
§1253. Powers and duties of the commission
The commission shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To administer state grants programs to parish jails in conformity with jail standards and application procedures as developed by the commission.
(2) To develop, continually review, and update minimum standards for parish jail facilities.
(3) To review and approve or disapprove all plans for purposes of grant applications submitted to the commission.
(4) To approve or disapprove the use and allocation of funds.
(5) To advise and make recommendations to the secretary of the Department of Corrections concerning the coordination of correctional services between the state and the parishes.
(6) To establish annual priorities for the disbursement of funds pursuant to R.S. 15:1255.
(7) To provide technical assistance to parishes regarding minimum standards for parish jail facilities upon request of appropriate parish authorities.
(8) To inspect and prepare reports on jail conditions at the request of the parish governing authority, a court, or on the commission's own initiative.
Added by Acts 1980, No. 753, §1, eff. July 31, 1980.