2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1228.1 - Purposes
The purpose of the policy board is to assist the agencies involved in the operations of the individual systems by facilitating the development of the Integrated Criminal Justice Information System (ICJIS), providing for common standards which ensure communications among systems, and providing a common forum for the discussion of issues effecting the agencies involved. The duties and powers of the policy board shall include and be limited to the following functions pertaining solely to the development, maintenance, and operation of the ICJIS:
(1) The coordination of the design, development, maintenance, and use of an ICJIS serving the criminal justice agencies in Louisiana.
(2) The development and maintenance of a strategic plan for the design, development, maintenance and operation of the overall ICJIS.
(3) The development and maintenance of a criminal justice data dictionary for use by all criminal justice agencies in their activities relative to the ICJIS so as to facilitate communication among agencies on the system.
(4) The development and maintenance of communication hardware and software standards to be used by all criminal justice agencies desiring to participate in the ICJIS.
(5) The development of policy coordinating the development, maintenance, and utilization of the ICJIS and the state level criminal justice information systems in their capacity as components of the ICJIS.
(6) The coordination of developmental plans prepared by specific agencies charged with the responsibility of operating state level criminal justice information systems only in their capacity as components of the ICJIS so as to ensure that individual development plans are in accord with the overall system development effort.
(7) The promulgation of rules and regulations in accordance with the provisions of the Administrative Procedure Act.
(8) The review and approval of all fees and costs to be collected by state level criminal justice information systems from other state and local criminal justice agencies in Louisiana for the use of the ICJIS or the information and data provided therefrom.
(9) The review of local level criminal justice information system plans as may be submitted to it by the responsible local authorities to ensure compatibility with the ICJIS.
(10) The review of the operation and development of the ICJIS and the reporting to the governor, the supreme court, and the Louisiana Legislature on the status and needs of the system by April first of each year.
Acts 1999, No. 864, §1.