2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1222 - Staffing; funding; powers; and duties of policy boards
§1222. Staffing; funding; powers; and duties of policy boards
Upon approval of the criminal justice information plan by the Louisiana Criminal Justice Information System and the local governing body, each policy board shall establish an operating policy for the criminal justice information system. The policy shall specify;
(1) The staffing required for the implementation of the plan;
(2) The level of hardware and software required for the implementation of the plan;
(3) The budget required to implement said plan;
(4) Standards and techniques for the protection of the privacy, security, and confidentiality of data and recommended sanctions and penalties for the violation of the rules and regulations adopted under it. The recommended sanctions and penalties shall apply to the improper collection, storage, uses and dissemination of criminal justice information; and
(5) The operating policy of each criminal justice information system policy board shall require, prior to any implementation of said policy, the specific approval of the local governing authority. Upon approval of the policy, local governing authorities may enact ordinances in accordance with said policies to enact its provisions, and to provide penalties for the violation of privacy, security, and confidentiality provisions.
Added by Acts 1977, No. 597, §1, eff. July 19, 1977.