2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1211 - Purpose and function of advisory councils
§1211. Purpose and function of advisory councils
Law enforcement planning district advisory councils shall perform functions similar to those prescribed for the commission in planning, developing, coordinating, and administering criminal justice improvement programs within their respective law enforcement planning districts. They shall:
(1) Review, approve, and submit the comprehensive district law enforcement plan and projects to implement that plan in accordance with district problems, needs, and goals, and with such format, schedule, description, and other specifics as the State Law Enforcement Planning Agency may require.
(2) Identify criminal justice problems and needs in the district and encourage, support, and assist with programs and projects proposed by appropriate public entities toward resolving such problems and needs.
(3) Inform the SLEPA promptly and completely on all matters in the district affecting and/or affected by the SLEPA and its mission and advise the SLEPA in such matters.
(4) Inform public and private entities in the district affecting and/or affected by the SLEPA in any instance promptly and completely of the SLEPA's mission, policies, and action and advise such entities in criminal justice matters.
(5) Administer and monitor progress and/or changes in district projects on the basis of guidelines developed by the SLEPA.
(6) Make recommendations to the executive director of the State Law Enforcement Planning Agency on matters relating to the employment, termination of employment, and wages paid to professional staff members of the law enforcement planning district agency.
(7) Review and accept the district budget from the State Law Enforcement Planning Agency and assume responsibility for administering the district budget in conformity with state and federal requirements.
(8) Form task forces or committees to assist in planning, analysis, policy, and goal recommendations, and perform such other functions as the SLEPA deems necessary; appoint the chairmen of these task forces and committees and assure the satisfactory performance of each.
(9) Establish bylaws in compliance with the articles of incorporation specifically dealing with membership, including composition, method and duration of appointment; task force and special committee appointment, structure, and composition.
(10) Perform other functions in accordance with state and federal policy.
Added by Acts 1976, No. 592, §1.