2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1207 - Functions of the staff
§1207. Functions of the staff
The functions of the staff of the commission shall include but not be limited to the following:
(1) Preparation, development, and revision of comprehensive plans based on an evaluation of law enforcement and criminal justice problems within the state.
(2) Definition, development, and correlation of action programs under such plans.
(3) Establishment of priorities for law enforcement and criminal justice improvement in the state.
(4) Providing information to prospective aid recipients on procedures for grant application.
(5) Encouraging grant proposals from local units of government for law enforcement and criminal justice planning and improvement efforts.
(6) Encouraging project proposals from state law enforcement and criminal justice agencies.
(7) Evaluation of applications for aid and awarding of funds to units of government and other eligible applicants.
(8) Monitoring progress and expenditures under grants to state law enforcement agencies, local units of government, and other recipients of Louisiana Commission on Law Enforcement grant funds.
(9) Encouraging regional, local, and metropolitan area planning efforts, action projects, and cooperative arrangement.
(10) Coordination of the state's law enforcement and criminal justice plan with other federally supported programs relating to or having an impact on law enforcement and criminal justice.
(11) Oversight and evaluation of the total state effort in plan implementation and law enforcement improvement.
(12) Provide technical assistance and services for programs and projects contemplated by the state plan and by units of general local government.
(13) Collecting and analyzing statistics and other data relevant to law enforcement and criminal justice in the state.
(14) Performing any other functions required by federal guidelines or state law.
Added by Acts 1976, No. 592, §1. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 753, §1, eff. July 31, 1980.