2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1199.8 - Eligible inmate selection and participation in program
§1199.8. Eligible inmate selection and participation in program
A. An inmate who is eligible to participate in the program as provided for in R.S. 15:1199.7 may be considered for participation in the program if all of the following occur:
(1) The staff at the adult reception and diagnostic centers, after a thorough evaluation, determines that the offender is suitable and appropriate for participation in the program.
(2) The secretary, or his designee, determines that the inmate meets the guidelines and criteria established by rule for participation in the program.
(3) The secretary, or his designee, after an evaluation, determines that the inmate is particularly likely to respond affirmatively to participation in the program.
(4) The inmate meets other conditions of participation or rules adopted as provided by the provisions of this Part.
(5) The inmate voluntarily enrolls in the program after having been advised by the department of the rules and regulations governing participation in the program.
B. The participating inmate shall be evaluated by the program staff on a continual basis. The evaluation shall include the performance of the inmate while participating in the program, the likelihood of successful completion of the program, the likelihood of successful employment following completion of the program, and other factors deemed relevant by the secretary, the council, or the program staff. The evaluation shall provide the basis for any recommendations by the department upon the completion of the program by the inmate.
C. Violation of any departmental or program rules or regulations may subject the inmate to removal from the program by the department.
Acts 2008, No. 106, §1, eff. June 6, 2008.