2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1199.3 - Definitions
As used in this Part, the following words have the following meanings:
(1) "Certification" means a certificate or certification received from an industry recognized organization or a Work Ready Certificate from the Louisiana Workforce Commission or a competency certification developed by the department.
(2) "Council" means the Reentry Advisory Council.
(3) "Craft" means an occupation or trade requiring manual dexterity, specified training, and certification or licensing.
(4) "Department" means the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections.
(5) "Program" means the inmate rehabilitation and workforce development program operated by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections as authorized by the provisions of this Part.
(6) "Secretary" means the secretary of the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections.
(7) "Skilled craftsman" means a person who has completed training and certification or licensing in a skilled craft or an apprentice occupation as defined by the Louisiana Workforce Commission which may include but is not limited to electrician, plumber, pipefitter, welder, millwright, heavy equipment operator, carpenter, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technician, heavy construction, building construction, or machinist.
(8) "Task force" means a parish or regional council comprised of governmental leaders and agency representatives from applicable state, tribal, or local entities, service providers, nonprofit organizations, and key stakeholders. This task force shall perform the essential functions of the Reentry Advisory Council on the local level as defined in R.S. 15:1199.4(N).
(9) "Workforce development work release" means a program for on-the-job training of inmates who are participating in or have completed the inmate rehabilitation and workforce development program authorized by the provisions of this Part.
Acts 2008, No. 106, §1, eff. June 6, 2008; Acts 2009, No. 266, §1; Acts 2010, No. 836, §1.