2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1097.1 - Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
§1097.1. Board of commissioners; appointment; terms
A. The Ware Youth Center Authority shall be governed by a commission which shall control, administer, and manage the affairs of the district. The commission shall be composed of a board of commissioners, who shall be qualified electors domiciled and residing in the district. They shall be appointed for terms of four years, as follows:
(1) Three commissioners shall be appointed by the judges exercising juvenile jurisdiction within the participating parish areas.
(2) Four commissioners shall be appointed by the sheriffs of the participating parishes and the chiefs of police of municipalities within the participating parish areas.
(3) One commissioner shall be appointed by the governing authority of each of the participating parishes.
(4) One commissioner shall be appointed by the district attorneys with jurisdiction in the participating parishes.
(5) Three commissioners shall be appointed by the assistant secretary of the office of juvenile justice of the Department of Public Safety and Corrections.
B. The members of the board of commissioners shall serve without salary or per diem but the board may authorize a reasonable travel allowance for its members in the performance of their official duties.
Acts 1986, No. 833, §1, eff. July 10, 1986; Acts 1991, No. 147, §1, eff. July 2, 1991; Acts 1992, No. 297, §1; HCR 44, 1998 1st Ex. Sess; Acts 2008, No. 565, §1.