2018 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1096 - Tri-Parish Juvenile Justice District; creation; jurisdiction; definitions
SUBPART D. TRI-PARISH JUVENILE JUSTICE DISTRICT
§1096. Tri-Parish Juvenile Justice District; creation; jurisdiction; definitions
A. The Tri-Parish Juvenile Justice District is hereby established as a political subdivision of the state, with a territorial jurisdiction throughout the Eighteenth Judicial District, including the parishes of Iberville, Pointe Coupee, and West Baton Rouge.
B. As used in this Subpart, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates and requires another or different meaning or intent:
(1) "Board" means the board of commissioners of the Tri-Parish Juvenile Justice Commission.
(2) "Commission" means the Tri-Parish Juvenile Justice Commission.
(3) "District" means the Tri-Parish Juvenile Justice District.
(4) "Facility" means any juvenile detention facility, shelter care facility, or such other juvenile justice facility.
(5) "Governing authority" means the governing authority of a parish.
(6) "Lease-purchase contract" is the financing and acquisition of property by a person pursuant to an arrangement under which such person acquires title to property, constructs a facility thereon, and enters into a lease-purchase contract with the commission providing for the leasing of the property, including a facility thereon, to the commission and the acquisition of title to the property by the commission at the end of the lease period. For the purposes of this Subpart, the term "lease-purchase contract" also means any agreement between a person and the commission providing for the acquisition, lease, custody of juveniles, or other form of operation of a newly constructed facility as may be provided in such agreement, provided that all policy and criteria matters for management shall be determined by the commission.
(7) "Participating parish" means any parish which has entered into a participation agreement with the commission by which certain space within the facility is subleased to house juveniles from the participating parish.
Acts 1986, No. 929, §1, eff. July 10, 1986; Acts 1992, No. 1071, §1, eff. July 14, 1992.