2018 Louisiana Laws
Revised Statutes
TITLE 15 - Criminal Procedure
RS 15:1087 - Non-state providers; contracts; performance-based contracting and grant making

Universal Citation: LA Rev Stat § 15:1087 (2018)

§1087. Non-state providers; contracts; performance-based contracts

            A. For the purposes of this Section, "contract" shall mean any legally binding agreement that requires the provision of services to youth or their families in exchange for the direct or indirect payment, exchange, or granting of funds.

            B. In fulfilling the purpose of Subsection A of this Section:

            (1) Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, contracts with non-state providers for services to juvenile offenders assigned to the office of juvenile justice, or their families, shall not exceed a term of five years without renewal and renegotiation. Nothing in this Section shall prohibit the department from terminating or amending such contracts prior to their expiration as otherwise provided by law.

            (2) Any contract entered into by the office of juvenile justice for the purpose of providing services to youth or their families shall be a performance-based contract that includes financial disincentives or consequences based on the results achieved by the contractor as measured by output, quality, or outcome measures.

            C. The office of juvenile justice shall annually publish a report, on or before October fifteenth of each year and beginning on October 15, 2017, describing each contract entered into for the purposes of providing services to youth or their families, and fully listing and analyzing inputs, outputs, outcomes, and results achieved under that contract during the preceding fiscal year.

            Acts 1989, No. 326, §1; Acts 2016, No. 499, §1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.