2018 Louisiana Laws
CHC 720 - Motion for guardianship
Art. 720. Motion for guardianship
A. After a child has been adjudicated to be in need of care, a motion for guardianship may be filed by the department, parent, counsel for the child, or, when the guardian is deceased, an individual previously named as a successor guardian by the guardian in a guardianship subsidy agreement with the department; or the department may submit a case plan along with the case review report to the court and all counsel of record recommending guardianship in accordance with Children's Code Articles 674, 688, and 689.
B. The motion, case review report, or case plan shall include all of the following:
(1) The name and gender of the child, and the date and place of his birth.
(2) A description of the mental and physical health of the child.
(3) The current placement of the child and when it began.
(4) The name and address of the proposed guardian and any relationship to the child.
(5) The name and address of the parents of the child.
(6) A plain and concise statement of the facts on which the motion, case review report, or case plan for guardianship is sought and why neither adoption nor reunification with a parent is in the best interest of the child.
C. If any of the information required by Paragraph B of this Article is unknown, the motion, case review report, or case plan shall state that fact. In addition, if the location of either parent is unknown, the motion, case review report, or case plan shall disclose efforts to locate him.
D. Unless not yet completed, the home study, as required by Children's Code Article 721, shall be attached to the motion, case review report, or case plan. If not attached, the home study shall be submitted to the court as soon as it is completed.
Acts 2011, No. 128, §1; Acts 2014, No. 354, §1; Acts 2015, No. 124, §1, eff. June 19, 2015.