2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:5981 - Findings; purpose
CHAPTER 42. THE ORLEANS JUSTICE AND REHABILITATION
§5981. Findings; purpose
The legislature finds and declares that there is a need for a justice and rehabilitation reform body to study and report on all of the following:
(1) The current public safety crisis in Orleans Parish.
(2) The powers, functions, policies, and training of government and nongovernment entities, including their fiscal powers.
(3) The existing, necessary, and desirable allocation of state and local fiscal resources.
(4) The most efficient use of the correctional system and community resources in Orleans Parish.
(5) Alternatives to incarceration.
(6) Physical structures utilized in the Orleans Parish justice system.
(7) Any constitutional amendments and statutory enactments required to implement appropriate commission recommendations.
Acts 2013, No. 268, §1.