2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:5934 - Powers of the district
§5934. Powers of the district
The commission, through the board, shall have the following powers:
(1) To reduce millages for any year in which the commission determines that the millage in effect for that year will produce more revenue than the commission determines is needed for that year.
(2) To borrow monies for the district under the terms and conditions established by the commission.
(3) To manage the taxes collected.
(4) To disburse the taxes collected to the district judges, the district attorney, and the clerk of court to defray the costs in whole or in part, relative to the criminal justice system in the Twenty-Seventh Judicial District as it relates to those offices.
(5) To expend funds from the taxes collected for capital expenditures.
(6) To disburse funds to the individual offices based on real budgets submitted to it by those offices, or to disburse to the offices collectively, pursuant to an intergovernmental cooperative endeavor agreement adopted pursuant to Article VI, Section 20 of the Constitution of Louisiana. Disbursements pursuant to such an agreement shall also be made only upon the presentation of a reasonable cooperative budget.
(7) To make rules and regulations for its operations and the conduct of its duties and to take any action the board determines is necessary for the proper implementation of the provisions of this Chapter.
Acts 1995, No. 511, §1, eff. June 18, 1995; Redesignated from R.S. 33:9015 pursuant to Acts 2011, No. 248, §3.