2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:5806 - Fees in suits for collection of licenses
§5806. Fees in suits for collection of licenses
A. The fees of constables in all suits for the collection of licenses filed by municipalities having a population in excess of one hundred thousand shall be as follows:
(1) For the service of citation the sum of seventy-five cents.
(2) For service of notice of trial the sum of twenty-five cents.
(3) For service of notice of judgment the sum of twenty-five cents.
(4) For writ of fieri facias the sum of one dollar.
(5) For keeper's fee the sum of one dollar and fifty cents per day.
B. A commission of five percent shall be allowed the constables on all money collected in the license suits. The fees in case of citation shall be paid by the municipality at the time of the filing of the suit, and upon the issuance of notice or writ of fieri facias the fee therefor shall be paid by the municipality.
Redesignated from R.S. 33:1703 pursuant to Acts 2011, No. 248, §3.