2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:5599 - Fees of criminal sheriff
§5599. Fees of criminal sheriff
The criminal sheriff of Orleans Parish shall collect from the parties, from witnesses, from sureties, and from sureties on bonds forfeited, the following fees and charges:
(1) For arresting any party under a capias or order of court issued on an information or indictment and bringing him into court, twelve dollars.
(2) For producing a party in court on the order of the judge when under confinement other than provided above, for each production, seven dollars.
(3) For serving notice of arraignment or of trial on accused and surety, for each, and return, seven dollars.
(4) For serving subpoena on each witness and return, seven dollars.
(5) For serving attachments to bring witnesses into court, to be paid by the witness in default, twelve dollars.
(6) For taking appearance bond or recognizance bond when required to do so, fifteen dollars, unless suspended by the judges of the Criminal District Court of the Parish of Orleans.
(7) For serving notice of judgment on forfeiture of bonds, seven dollars.
(8) For service of subpoena duces tecum and for return, seven dollars.
(9) For executing writ of fieri facias either against the defendant or security on bond for costs on the amount of bond, twelve dollars.
(10) For mileage when traveling outside of the parish of Orleans, the same mileage as is allowed to the sheriffs of other parishes.
Amended by Acts 1974, No. 550, §1; Acts 1981, No. 335, §1; Acts 1983, No. 619, §1; Acts 1997, No. 1016, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1998; Redesignated from R.S. 33:1520 pursuant to Acts 2011, No. 248, §3.