2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:5571 - Definitions
PART II. JOINT SELF-INSURANCE PROGRAMS
The following words and terms shall have the meaning indicated unless the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) "Group self-insurance fund" means a pool of public monies established by an interlocal risk management agency from contributions of its members in order to pool public liability risks, or to purchase a joint policy or policies of insurance providing protection against said risks, or both.
(2) "Interlocal risk management agency" means an association formed by two or more sheriffs by written agreement made pursuant to the provisions of this Part for the development and administration of an interlocal risk management program and a group self-insurance fund.
(3) "Interlocal risk management program" means a written plan and activities carried out under such plan by an interlocal risk management agency to reduce risk of loss on account of public liability, including loss prevention and control techniques and the processing and defense of claims brought against members of the agency.
(4) "Public liability" means liability to which a sheriff may be subject either directly or by reason of liability rising out of an act of his employee, agent, or officer in the course and scope of employment.
(5) "Sheriff" means the sheriff and tax collector of any parish, including the criminal and civil sheriffs of the parish of Orleans.
Acts 1986, No. 662, §1; Redesignated from R.S. 33:1481 pursuant to Acts 2011, No. 248, §3.