2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:5372 - Goals of the Swift and Certain Probation Pilot Program
§5372. Goals of the Swift and Certain Probation Pilot Program
The goals of the Swift and Certain Probation Pilot Program created under this Chapter include the following:
(1) To reduce alcoholism and drug abuse and dependency among offenders.
(2) To reduce the number of new crimes.
(3) To reduce criminal recidivism.
(4) To reduce the alcohol- and drug-related workload of the courts.
(5) To increase the personal, familial, and societal accountability of offenders.
(6) To promote effective interaction and use of resources among criminal justice personnel and community agencies.
(7) To reduce the overcrowding of prisons.
Acts 2016, No. 676, §1, eff. June 17, 2016.