2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:4353 - Recitals of sheriff's act of sale
§4353. Recitals of sheriff's act of sale
The sheriff's act of sale of property sold at judicial sale shall mention:
(1) The writ by virtue of which the property was seized and sold;
(2) The title and docket number of the action or proceeding in which the writ was issued, and the court which issued it;
(3) The names and surnames of the plaintiff, defendant, and purchaser at the sheriff's sale;
(4) A description of the property sold, and the price for which and conditions under which it was adjudicated;
(5) The manner in which the purchaser paid the price of the adjudication, or bound himself to pay it; and
(6) The amount of the privileges and mortgages with which the property sold was encumbered, and which were made known at the time of the sale.
This act shall conclude with the recital of the sale and transfer by the sheriff to the purchaser of all of the rights which the former owner had in the property sold.
Added by Acts 1960, No. 32, §6, eff. Jan. 1, 1961.