2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:3431 - Disqualification
In proceedings for appointment of a curator for an absent person, no person may be appointed who is:
(1) Under eighteen years of age;
(2) Interdicted, or who, on contradictory hearing, is proved to be mentally incompetent;
(3) A convicted felon, under the laws of the United States or of any state or territory thereof;
(4) A nonresident of the state who has not appointed a resident agent for the service of process in all actions and proceedings with respect to the curatorship, and caused such appointment to be filed in the curatorship proceeding;
(5) A corporation not authorized to perform the duties of curator in this state;
(6) A person indebted to the absent person, except a spouse in community, unless he discharges the debt prior to the appointment;
(7) An adverse party to a suit to which the absent person is a party; or
(8) A person who, on contradictory hearing, is proved to be incapable of performing the duties of curator, or to be otherwise unfit for appointment.
Acts 1990, No. 989, §4, eff. Jan. 1, 1991.