2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:1812 - Cooperation between courts; preservation of records
§1812. Cooperation between courts; preservation of records
A. A court of this state may request the appropriate court of another state to:
(1) Hold an evidentiary hearing.
(2) Order a person to produce or give evidence pursuant to procedures of that state.
(3) Order that an evaluation be made with respect to the custody of a child involved in a pending proceeding.
(4) Forward to the court of this state a certified copy of the transcript of the record of the hearing, the evidence otherwise presented, and any evaluation prepared in compliance with the request.
(5) Order a party to a child custody proceeding or any person having physical custody of the child to appear in the proceeding with or without the child.
B. Upon request of a court of another state, a court of this state may hold a hearing or enter an order described in Subsection A of this Section.
C. Travel and other necessary and reasonable expenses incurred under Subsections A and B of this Section may be assessed against the parties according to the law of this state.
D. A court of this state shall preserve the pleadings, orders, decrees, records of hearings, evaluations, and other pertinent records with respect to a child custody proceeding until the child attains eighteen years of age. Upon appropriate request by a court or law enforcement official of another state, the court shall forward a certified copy of those records.
Acts 2006, No. 822, §1, eff. Aug. 15, 2007.