2017 Louisiana Laws
TITLE 13 - Courts and Judicial Procedure
RS 13:1381 - Fees
SUBPART C. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
The following charges may be made for the services of the clerk of the criminal district court:
(1) For filing and recording affidavit, two dollars.
(2) For filing information or indictment, and for recording, docketing and indexing the same, for all, two dollars.
(3) For filing and processing of appearance or witness bond, five dollars.
(4) For orders to bring in prisoners into court and remanding same, one charge, one dollar.
(5) For issuing notice of arraignment, on principal and surety, for each original, with one copy, certified with seal, two dollars.
(6) For issuing notice of trial to principal and surety, for each original, with one copy, certified with seal, two dollars.
(7) For issuing notice of judgment on forfeiture of bonds on principal and surety, for each original, with one copy, with certificates and seals, two dollars.
(8) For issuing subpoena to witnesses, one dollar and sixty cents.
(9) For issuing attachment against witness, four dollars.
(10) For issuing copy of indictment or information to be served on accused, as required by law, three dollars.
(11) For issuing copy of jury list, to be served on accused when required by law, two dollars.
(12) For issuing capias, two dollars.
(13) For issuing copy of sentence, with certificate and seal, two dollars.
(14) For each commitment, with seal, two dollars.
(15) For issuing each subpoena duces tecum, with one copy, with certificate and seal for both, three dollars; and for each additional copy, one dollar.
(16) For filing plea in abatement, special plea in bar, or plea to quash, each forty cents.
(17) For filing motion for new trial, or in arrest of judgment, and for issuing one copy thereof, with certificate and seal, for all, three dollars.
(18) For issuing writ of fieri facias, two dollars.
(19) For administering oaths, affixing jurat, certificate and seal, for all, one dollar.
Provided, that no charge shall be made for administering the oath to the affidavit of indigents hereinafter provided for.
(20) For making transcript of appeal, for each one hundred words, including certificate and seal thereto, sixty cents.
(21) For making copies of any paper, document or other proceeding, the original of which is in the custody of the clerk of the criminal district court including certificate and seal thereto, for each one hundred words, sixty cents.
(22) For filing a motion to suppress, three dollars.
(23) For filing a writ of habeas corpus, five dollars.
(24) For furnishing a copy of an indictment, two dollars.
(25) For making transcripts of appeal and all transcripts in nonindigent cases, including bills of exceptions, motions, writs, and all court proceedings, one dollar and fifty cents per thirty-one line page to be turned over to the official court reporter or deputy court reporter who prepared same.
(26) In all cases where a noncommercial surety bond is actually collected by the sheriff, the clerk shall be paid the sum of seven dollars and fifty cents by the sheriff out of the amount of the forfeited bond; however, the fee provided for in this Paragraph shall not be collected in addition to any fee collected pursuant to the provisions of R.S. 13:846(A)(1)(c) for noncommercial surety bonds actually collected by the sheriff.
Amended by Acts 1972, No. 184, §1; Acts 1972, No. 638, §2; Acts 1973, No. 151, §1; Acts 1978, No. 776, §1; Acts 1982, No. 89, §1; Acts 1994, 3rd Ex. Sess., No. 43, §1, eff. July 1, 1994; Acts 2006, No. 621, §19(B), eff. when the clerk of the 41st JDC takes office; Acts 2012, No. 474, §4(B)(2).